A flavorful golden curry ramen that's quick and easy to make. Vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and ready to eat within 30 minutes.
Curry ramen! I’m so excited to bring you this recipe because I’m enjoying it so much right now. It’s currently late March and 47 degrees out here in the Seattle area, so we’re still needing our warming soups. Plus, I love curry and I love ramen, so bringing them together makes me happy. And this Quick Curry Ramen is such an easy way to eat a lot of vegetables, too. To give you a clear idea, the picture below shows the ingredients divided into four servings. That’s how much veg you get - and it’s ready within 30 minutes!
With all the goods in this soup, it’s pretty filling. The best kind to fill up on, by the way - packed with nutrition. No need to have any sides for this meal. It does comfortably feed six people, maybe even eight. With four of us, including my husband who, as an athlete, is known to eat everything before it can be leftover, we actually had a little left for the next day even after he went back for seconds. So when you’re bordering on hangry, fill up on a big, comforting bowl of this nutritious curry ramen!
If you don’t have these exact veggies on hand but would like to make this soup, simply swap the veggies in this recipe with those you have. It’s fine! This would be great with different mushrooms than the little beech I used here, too. How about shiitake or button? Same with the noodles. Try spaghetti! This recipe is forgiving and fantastic.
Quick Vegan Curry Ramen
- soup pot
- 1 onion chopped, preferably large
- 14 ounce extra firm tofu or super firm tofu; or 12 ounces
- 8 ounces beech mushrooms or shiitake
- 2 baby bok choy chopped
- ¼ cabbage chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced (2 large or 4 small)
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 4 packages ramen noodles
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro optional
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil optional, preferably Thai basil
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat, then add the onion and sauté for a few minutes. Add the tofu, continuing to sauté with minimal stirring until the onion and tofu are softened (just a few minutes) or browned (five or more minutes), depending on your preference.
- Add the mushrooms, bok choy, cabbage, garlic, and spices. Sauté for a few more minutes, until the veggies have softened.
- Add 8 cups of veggie broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the rice noodles. After one minute, stir the noodles frequently for 3 minutes to separate them.
- Serve immediately with cilantro, Thai basil leaves, or other garnishes you enjoy.
The link below is an affiliate link provided by Amazon. Beautiful Ingredient receives a small commission for products sold through the link - thank you for your support!
Leave a Reply