Rich, creamy eggnog without any dairy or eggs - it’s Christmas in a mug! This very easy recipe shows you how to make vegan eggnog quick, in just 10 minutes. It's an eggnog for everyone, delicious with or without the bourbon. Kids love it! Drink it up immediately or store it in a jar for your next nog urge. This recipe satisfies dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, gluten-free, plant-based lifestyles. - without the need for dairy or eggs.
It’s true, this egg nog has no egg. Did you know that eggnog traditionally actually contains eggs? As a kid, I was fascinated by eggnog. It smelled amazing and adults seemed to really enjoy it. But when I learned there were eggs in it, I knew it wasn't for me. Yes, traditionally it's an egg yolk + whipped egg white + heavy cream + milk concoction.
Well, this version doesn’t include any of that, nor does it have a ton of sugar, yet it has that sweet, creamy nutmeg-y eggnog vibe. So warm, cozy, and comforting on a cold winter’s night.
You only need five ingredients + salt + optional bourbon & vegan whipped cream and 10 minutes to get this going. No soaking nuts in advance, just gather the ingredients, put them together, heat them up, and you’re ready to rock around the Christmas tree!
Simple ingredients are all you need:
oat or other plant-based milk
cinnamon & nutmeg
a dash of salt
vegan whipped cream (optional but recommended)
Store for later
It’s so easy to make this eggnog that you can keep a jarful going in the fridge all season long without much effort.
Simply double or triple the eggnog without the bourbon or toppings, let cool, and store it all in jars in the fridge. Add the bourbon and toppings when serving.
Try adding this eggnog to your morning coffee!
Other hot drinks you might enjoy:
Quick Vegan Eggnog Recipe (dairy-free, egg-free)
- 1 saucepan medium
- 1 cooktop burner
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg plus more for topping
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt (less than ⅛ teaspoon)
- 4 cups oat milk or other nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce bourbon per serving, or as desired (optional)
Toppings per mug
- 2 tablespoons nondairy whipped topping such as So Delicious Organic Coco Whip
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Sprinkle the nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt into a medium pot.
- Whisk in a small amount of plant milk, about a ¼ cup, until the spices are well incorporated and smooth. While whisking, add the remaining milk, then the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Turn on the heat to medium-high, whisking occasionally for about five minutes or until the milk is steaming and just under a simmer.
- Pour into mugs and stir in the bourbon for those partaking. Top each mug with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- It is really nice to keep a batch on-hand in the fridge.Simply double or triple the recipe and put all of the ingredients in a jar (except the bourbon & whipped cream). Refrigerate until ready, then add the bourbon and whipped cream. It should be good in the fridge for up to a few days.
general food safety
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands and ingredients well before using
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove