Just six ingredients
This is my favorite guacamole, just the best, and I’m so happy to share the recipe with you! While it makes a few cups, the whole batch rarely lasts more than an hour at our house. The secret is in its simplicity (just six ingredients, plus salt), its freshness (just fresh veggies and avocado, with a pickled jalapeño option), and the fine-chop prep (see those teeny bits of red onion?).
What you’ll love about this guacamole
requires little time and effort and only six ingredients.
super fresh and vibrant.
the flavors are wonderful. The ingredients work so well together to bring a classic guacamole flavor while shining individually at the same time.
it actually makes a nice-sized batch, so there’s potential to enjoy it for a few days (if your household doesn’t gobble it up as fast as mine does!).
The lime juice in the guacamole helps keep it from oxidizing, though you’ll still want to keep it exposed to air as little as possible.
I find this guac is usually the highlight of every Taco Tuesday. I hope it becomes your favorite, too!
Favorite Guacamole Recipe
- potato masher or fork
- 1 lime juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup red onion or shallot minced
- 3 small garlic cloves minced (1 tablespoon, more or less)
- 1 pickled or fresh jalapeno seeded and minced (maintain some seeds if you like it hot)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium avocados
- Juice the lime half first and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the prepped onion, garlic, cilantro, and salt, then scoop out the fruit of the avocados and add it to the mix.
- Mash well, taste, and add more lime juice if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to a few days.