These vegan Halloween smoothies are a real treat! They boast three ghouly colors: yellow/orange, green, and purple and can be ready in just 15 minutes. So fun for a party served in skull jars! These smoothies are not only quick and easy, they're refined sugar-free, oil-free and gluten-free - great for most kids' diets! A fun way to pack some nutrition into the day.
A real treat
When my tween declared he was done with trick-or-treating and just wanted to hang out at home with a buddy instead, I came up with these smoothies for their new Halloween treat. For those not dressing up and gathering treats on Halloween (my son's there, but not so sure about my husband), these smoothies are the way to go. They are sweet and celebratory in fun Halloween colors of orange, green & purple - with 0% artificial anything. No candy wrappers involved. Just fruit (and even some kale!) with some plant milk - what could be better?
Quick and easy
So you're not sure you'll have time to make these on a busy Halloween? No worries, we've got you. These vegan Halloween smoothies only require 7 different ingredients and are ready within 15 minutes! You can make them between doorbell rings. Colorful smoothies are super fun for a Halloween party, too, by the way. The ultimate sweet trick. Bonus: They happen to be really tasty with a little something extra in them for adults, if ya know what I mean. We want our treats, too.
These smoothies can be for trick-or-treaters, too. If you're not looking forward to watching your kiddos pound, well, pound after pound of candy, you may want to try giving these smoothies out before they get that far. Sure, the kids may still eat candy, but it's possible they won't want as much of it after guzzling these fruit-sweetened concoctions. Possible, not guaranteed. But possible! Sweet!
More autumn treats
Vegan Halloween Smoothie Treat Recipe
- high speed blender
- 1 cup mango frozen
- 1 ¾ cup milk oat, almond, or other unsweetened plant milk
- ¼ cup kale packed
- 1 banana
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 cup berries frozen, I use a blueberry, strawberry, and raspberry mix. Cherries are great, too!
- 1 açai pack unsweetened, frozen
- Place the frozen mango and about ¾ cup almond milk into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Use the tamper on your blender if needed, or add a little more milk (up to ¾ cup total). More milk means more smoothie, but less thick. Pour the orange mixture evenly into 4 8-oz jars or 2 16-oz skull jars to about ⅓ full.
- To the orange mixture remaining in the blender, add the kale, one date, and ½ the banana, and about ¼ cup milk. Blend until smooth, then pour the green mixture over the orange mixture in the two jars until they are ⅔ full. Have some extra? That's for you. Or a sibling. Or your spouse. Or later.
- Give the blender a quick rinse, then place the frozen berries, other date, remaining ½ banana, açai pack, and ¾ cup milk into the blender and blend until smooth. Pour this purple mixture over the green mixture until the jars are filled.
- Enjoy! (PS for the grownups: These smoothies are great with a little kick! Rum, vodka, tequila - whatever you enjoy for yourself once the little ghosts and goblins have had their fun.