A quick and easy tahini balsamic dressing that's ready within 5 minutes and requires no oil. So great for dressing salads, sandwich greens, beans, grains - try dipping or marinating veggies, too! It's vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, can be made with just two ingredients in less than 5 minutes, and is whole food plant-based.
When I have a really great salad dressing on-hand, it's amazing how many vegetables I end up eating in a day. Besides having the dressing on salad, I like to dip crudités in it, stir it into a combination of grains and veggies, and top cooked vegetables.
This recipe is:
• refined sugar-free
• made with 10 ingredients or less
• ready in just 5 minutes!
Elements of a great salad dressing:
• full of flavor that compliments the vegetables and makes you want to eat more of them
• a pleasant texture
• nutritious in its own right, adding more value to the salad
And when it's a dressing that requires no machinery to make and is ready in 5 minutes, I am so much more likely to actually make it. That's what I love about this recipe.
So good on the Easy Vegan Buddha Bowl!
The beauty of this salad dressing recipe is that it requires only three ingredients (plus water and, if desired, salt/pepper): tahini, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup. That's it. These are ingredients that can simply be stirred in a bowl or jar and you're done. It has enough flavor so that if you prefer a thin dressing, you can simply just add more water to thin it out. In fact, it tends to thicken in the fridge, so each time I take it out I add more water - which stretches the dressing to last an extra serving!
The flavor has a pleasant burnt-sugar smokiness to it, thanks to the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Only a little maple syrup is required, since the balsamic has a sweetness, too - depending on your balsamic, you may not need it. It would really work any time of year, since the ingredients can be found year round and the complex flavors go well with fall/winter veggies as well as spring/summer. It's rich, it's flavorful, and I hope you try it on your next salad!
Use more water for a lighter version (see recipe below).
Delicious condiments to try
Tahini Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe
- blender or medium bowl
- whisk or fork
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar aged
- 1 tablespoon filtered water or up to 5 tablespoons for a lighter dressing
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup optional, depending on the tartness of your balsamic
- pepper to taste optional
- Blend the ingredients in a blender for a few seconds, until well combined. Alternatively, stir together the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Tip: Warming the water can help smooth the tahini if stirring by hand.
- Serve over a salad, buddha/rain-bowl, or any vegetables.