Celebrate summertime with a delightful watermelon lavender daiquiri! They're quick and easy, with options for cocktails or mocktails (virgin daiquiris). Either way, these refreshing drinks are absolutely delicious. Plus, they're made without any added sweetener - just three fresh ingredients and rum, if desired. Vegan. Cheers!
Kicking back with a nice, cool drink at the end of a long, hot summer day is such a treat - especially when it can be made without much fuss. This recipe is the ticket. A batch of daiquiris for four people can be ready within just 10 minutes! Simply blend the ingredients and you’re good to go.
What you'll love about this recipe
No added sugar! No simple syrups, maple syrup, or even date syrup - just fruit!
Despite being a "fancy drink," very little effort is required.
It just takes about 10 minutes to make a batch for four people.
They're full of fun summertime flavor! The lavender brings a fresh floral/herbal note to the luscious watermelon base.
Just fruit, an herb, some ice, and rum (if making a cocktail), all plant-based ingredients. Note: Animal products are still sometimes used in the making of commercial alcohol. Check your rum source to make sure it's vegan. One good resource I like to use is barnivore.com.
Three summertime ingredients dance wonderfully together in this tasty drink: fresh lavender, watermelon, and lime. The complex flavor combination is (sigh) dreamy, a match made in heaven. This is a drink to exhale with.
Rum joins the dance beautifully. Hold the rum, and you have a fantastic virgin daiquiri. Kids often love having such a "fancy drink" - and those three simple ingredients make it seem fancy. I don't always feel the need to add the rum myself. The flavors stand on their own quite nicely.
Finally, ice ensures a cool sensation and some welcome texture.
To prep the watermelon, you will need a large knife (like a chef's knife) and cutting board.
Prepping the lime will require a zester and a juicer.
Combining all the ingredients and crushing the ice will require a blender.
This recipe just requires cleaning all the ingredients, coarsely chopping watermelon, zesting and juicing lime, and blending all the ingredients together.
For extra fun, serve it in a scooped-out half of watermelon! I mean, it's right there ready to be a gorgeous punch bowl!
Picture this drink at your next brunch or evening gathering. Mmmm. Can I join you?
This recipe works well for popsicles too, by the way. Yay!
Add more ice for more of a blended drink
Keep it non-alcoholic without the rum so everyone can enjoy it!
Make popsicles by simply pouring the blended ingredients into popsicle molds and freezing them for the next hot day!
The mocktail version of this drink can be used to make popsicles! Avoid freezing the cocktail version, since generally alcohol doesn't freeze and different types have different reactions to freezing, some of which can be dangerous.
Simply pour the prepared mocktails into popsicle molds and freeze.
Watermelon Lavender Daiquiri Recipe
- large knife (like a chef's knife)
- cutting board
- juicer (for lime)
- 2 cups watermelon seedless, roughly chopped or scooped
- 1 lime a teaspoon+ zest and 3 tablespoons juice
- 2 fresh lavender sprigs coarsely chopped, hard stems removed (about a teaspoon)
- 1 cup ice or more, if desired
- 4 oz rum or up to 8 oz, depending on how strong you want your drinks (optional; omit for a virgin daiquiri)
- lime wedges
- watermelon balls
- lavender sprigs
- Place all the ingredients except rum in a blender. Blend on high until just blended.
- Add the rum if using, and blend on low just to stir. For mocktails, simply omit the rum.
- Strain (or simply pour) into four glasses, garnish if desired, kick back, and enjoy! Serve out of the hollowed watermelon for extra fun.
- Add more ice for more of a blended drink
- Keep it non-alcoholic without the rum so everyone can enjoy it!
- Make popsicles by simply pouring the blended ingredients into popsicle molds and freezing them for the next hot day!