So good on just about anything, this Smoky Hemp Heart Seasoning recipe is full of nutrients and flavor. It's ready in just 5 minutes, too! Plus, it's vegan, gluten-free, nut-free, and oil-free.
This is a seasoning mix we sprinkle on just about everything! Its smoky flavor is so tasty, with bacon vibes and a nice texture. I love hemp hearts for their hint of pine and the fact that they're so easy to work with! You don't even need to stir this together - just place all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake it up. You're done.
Hooray for Smoky Hemp Seasoning!
- They are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and nut-free
- They make a great topping on just about anything you’d like a smoky bacon-y vibe. Think everything from salads to soups to sandwiches to entrées. Try it on things like tofu scramble!
- Unlike many toppings, these are actually beneficial sprinkles, packed with nutrition including protein, fiber, potassium, iron, vitamin A, magnesium, and omega 3s.
- They are so quick and easy to make! No cooking required. Like, 5 minutes is totally doable. All you're doing is throwing the ingredients in a jar and shaking it up!
- They last a long time. According to Bon Appetit, hemp seeds last in the refrigerator for up to a year!
This smoky seasoning mix only requires a few ingredients:
- hemp hearts
- nutritional yeast
- smoked paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- chipotle powder
The instructions could not be simpler. Add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake. That's it. You certainly could stir them together in a bowl if you'd like. No equipment required!
The nutritional yeast is optional, though it provides a nice cheesiness that enhances the flavors.
Delicious on dishes like these:
Smoky Hemp Heart Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast optional
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt depending on your preference
- Gather all ingredients and put them in a container, such as a mason jar.
- Shake well to mix. Alternatively, stir with a spoon.
- Store in a lidded container in the refrigerator where, if kept dry, it should be good for months!