Warning: This oil-free lemon salad dressing may create a strong desire to eat all the veggies in your home. Let it become your go-to! Refined sugar-free, vegan, and gluten-free as well as oil-free.
This is the salad dressing we've been waiting for. The kind that's super simple, is delicious without oil, and goes wonderfully with just about any veggie, grain, or bean. Yes, it's possible! It's the kind of dressing to store in the fridge on a regular basis so it's there for your next lunch...or snack...or dinner. And since there's no oil, it doesn't solidify in the fridge. Bright and basic, its flavors are satisfying for everyday use or a dressed-up special occasion. It's become my go-to dressing and has gotten me even more excited than usual about salad season!
Just 6 ingredients:
Let's Make Oil-free Lemon Salad Dressing
We're simply going to blend all the ingredients together and we're done!
Lemon shines through in this dressing, thanks mostly to the zest. The dijon is subtle, while the dates work to give the dressing balance. This is a light yet flavorful dressing, adding lemony goodness to each bite of veggie, grain, or bean it touches. Greens glisten, no oil necessary. Lemony, light, and lovely.
Yes, the dates do require soaking. Don't let the soak time discourage you. It takes only a moment to stick a few dates in a jar with water and place it in the fridge for later. I often do this at breakfast time, so that when I'm ready to use it at my next meal it's good to go and I have salad dressing in 5 minutes.
Once you make this salad dressing, you just might find that your family eats more veggies than ever! Mangia!
The Go-to Oil-free Lemon Salad Dressing
- 3 medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 garlic clove about 1 teaspoon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Soak the dates in the filtered water for at least two hours. I put the dates and water in a jar with a lid and stick it in the fridge until I'm ready to make the dressing.
- Pour the dates and soaking water into your blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Enjoy dressing salads, sandwich greens, beans, grains. Try dipping or marinading veggies, too! Store the dressing in a sealed jar or bottle in the fridge for several days.