Blue cheese dressing that's rich and flavorful and vegan, with no dairy at all! The fifth of six recipes that create one epic seventh recipe, from Dustin Harder’s cookbook, Epic Vegan: Wild and Over-the-Top Plant-based Recipes. This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, quick, and easy.
recipe 5 of 7: blue cheese dressing
The fifth recipe in our Epic Vegan series is Blue Cheese Dressing. I’ll admit I was a little skeptical when I glanced at the ingredients list. How was this going to give a blue cheese dressing vibe? But it really does. As I say with all vegan versions of classics, if the expectation isn’t that it tastes exactly like the dairy version and just has a way of satisfying in a similar way, it’s much more likely to be appreciated. And I appreciate this recipe. So good on salads and sandwiches!
all seven recipes
- Hemp Parmesan
- Easy Creamy Shells & Cheese
- Quinoa Bacon Bits
- Red BBQ Sauce
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- All American Burger
- Bacon Macaroni & Cheese BBQ Blue Burger
Ingredients & Substitutions
Vegan mayonnaise, tahini, and white miso provide a rich, umami-ness to this dressing, which helps not miss the dairy-based blue cheese. Don't want to use mayo? Try silken tofu instead.
Lemon juice, dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar work together to bring a zippiness to this sauce.
Garlic powder, dried parsley, and black pepper finish off the flavor, providing a nice balance.
Let's make blue cheese dressing
All you have to do is blend the ingredients! Reserve the spices to pulse into the mixture at the end. If using crumbled tofu for texture, stir it in after pulsing.
other epic vegan burger ingredients
Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- blender high speed, preferably
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise 115 g
- 3 tablespoons tahini 45 g
- 2 tablespoons white miso 32 g
- 2 tablespoons water 28 ml
- ½ lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard plus one teaspoon 20 g
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar 15 ml
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-firm tofu 56 g (crumbled, for texture)
- Add the mayonnaise, tahini, miso, water, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and garlic powder to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the parsley and black pepper, and pulse a few times until just combined and specks of the parsley and pepper are still visible.
- If using tofu (optional), stir it in at the end for texture.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply